Monday, October 11, 2010

Days 85-90

Nothing too exciting happened during the week this past week. It was full of lazy days of watching all the tv shows that I missed while on break. I did go to my classes though! The only thing mildly interesting which happened this week was switching my flight home to November 20th. It was not an easy task, but it got done.

Friday night, IH had its annual ball. It was held at Sydney Center Point Tower in downtown. It's the highest point in the southern hemisphere, and it looks kind of like the space needle, except gold. It was so much fun, we all got dressed up, the theme was decadence. We had a nice fancy dinner of twice baked goat cheese souffle, steak and mashed potatoes and some dessert with pistachios which was really good. Unfortunately, by the time dessert came around, I was so full from the souffle, the steak and the endless wine being poured into my glass. The party ended at 10:30pm, when most people went to Ivy (the really fancy bar/club we went to that one time. the one with the pool) and the party continued. I got there with the last group though, and could barely find anyone and left with Alison and Adria when I found them. It was way too crowded in there!

Sunday, Adria and I went downtown to get our underwater pictures developed. We dropped it off at 11:30am, and were told that the pictures would be ready at 2:30pm. So Adria and I went wandering around town. Our main goal was to get souvenirs, which turned into sightseeing. We went to Hyde Park, saw St. Mary's Cathedral, then on our way to the Royal Botanical Gardens we stopped into the Art Gallery of New South Wales and poked around in there. Then we walked through the park to Government House. We signed up for a free guided tour through the house, but we had to wait about half an hour, so we just laid in the grass. When we finally got back to the photo place, at 3:30pm, the doors were closed. They close up shop at 3pm on Sundays, apparently. So, I'm going back tomorrow morning to actually pick up the pictures. 

At the ball

No comments:

Post a Comment