Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Days 42-49

Whoops! I forgot to blog sunday night...

Nothing really has happened in the past week. Working on another paper, planning and booking things for spring break (which they call mid semester break. Australias have very high expectations of something called Spring Break based on Hollywood's portrayal of drunken debauchery on the beach as spring break).

I've still been going to the same church, everyone is really nice and friendly there. They all remember my name from the first time I went, and I'm meeting more people each time I go.

I'm trying to go swimming more often than the once a week I've been going the past few weeks. I found a friend here at the House who swims every few days, so he's going to make me get up and go with him now. We're about the same pace and do about the same yardage (a sad 1200m on Saturday). Hopefully it'll work and I'll get back in shape!

Thursday evening, a small group of us went to this posh lounge downtown called Ivy. Apparently they recently spent millions of dollars renovating the building and now it's really nice. We ended up being able to get up to the Pool Bar (http://www.merivale.com/#/ivy/poolclub), which is usually reserved for VIPs and is usually really packed, but since it was a pretty quiet Thursday night, and pretty cold outside, we were able to get up there. I will say though that the water was freezing!! I stuck my hand in it. We just chilled out and talked to the people we came with. The majority of the other people at the bar were 35 year old businessmen. It was a good time just hanging out with friend. We also weren't buying drinks, cause they were pretty expensive. We called it an early night and were home by 12:45am.

Friday afternoon, a group of about 30 people from the House got together and went to a lazer tag place. The event was organized and paid for by IH. It was so much fun! We broke up into 3 teams (red, blue and yellow) and played 3 games. My team (red team) won every single game!

I just now got off of a skype call with my mom's third grade class. The connection was a bit shaky, but it worked. I brought over an australian friend from the House to talk to them with me. Her class is learning about Australia in social studies.

I should probably get back to working on my paper, but heres a picture before I go:
Me next to the pool at Ivy on Thursday night. (Sorry its a little fuzzy..)

No comments:

Post a Comment