Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Days 62-70

Wow, this past week has been quite the whirlwind!

Monday started my scholarly attempt at writing 3 essays in 10 days (research and all). One essay on assimilation in Australia in the 1950s, one essay on soldier resettlement scheme in Australia post-WWI, and one about Imperialistic aspects of America's westward expansion. So far, I've finished the first two, and now I'm taking a break from researching and outlining the third. I plan on writing the third essay and being done with it by Wednesday. Three days to write a 2500 word research paper, if someone told me to do that in high school, I would have thought they were crazy! Now, I'm imposing it on myself (the last two papers mentioned aren't due until Oct 8th and 9th, but I'll be gone on Mid-Semester Break the week before, so I'm getting them out of the way before I leave). So I've been spending a lot of time researching and writing those darn papers, but I've still managed to have a social life as well!

Thursday night I went to see Cadavatar, the Med school review (All of the schools here- engineering, arts, med, law, architecture, etc etc- put on reviews making fun of things in the school and things in general) with a few friends. It was hilarious! Granted, some of it was lost on me, not being a med student and all, but I still found it quite funny. They did a great job putting it on.

Friday night, my friend at IH, Soo-Jae, hosted a party in the building. There were a lot of people there, and it ended up segregating to the people who didn't live in IH inside and the people who do live here were outside on the patio. It was still a lot of fun though.

Saturday, I didn't get any work done on my papers. Instead, I slept in (after the party the night before) and then went to the park with Claire and Adria after lunch for a little bit because it was a really nice day out. After dinner, we had one last practice before iNight. Then, iNight started at 7:30pm and we were the first act!   We performed the Napolean Dynamite dance while wearing full spandex body suits. There are tons of pictures up on facebook now, as well as a video of our performance. After all of the acts went, iNight wrapped up around 11:30pm. The after-party started at midnight and went til about 3:15am. Then there was an after-after-party, which I did not attend, but apparently that went til about 5am. The party was a lot of fun. Most of the people from my act just stayed in the spandex body suits all night.

Sunday was another lazy day of sleeping in, and then getting work done before and after church.

Today was a day full of library research. I have checked out way more books from the library here than I ever have at Tulane. Probably because I have never checked out a book from Tulane's library. I haven't taken enough history classes at Tulane to need to check out books. You can't really go do research on organic chemistry at the library....

Figure out which one is me!!

1 comment: